Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

First, I have to start off by stating how much I like the title of this assignment. “VOICE.” I truly believe that everyone, no matter your profession, socioeconomic status, gender or sexual orientation, you have a voice. We don't use our voices to create positive changes anymore, and that is sometimes a tough realization. But I am here because I still want to try to be heard, making an impact and creating a better standard of living for myself through the avenue of the Fashion Business. Now, I am no designer. But what I may lack in raw creativity, I make up for in drive and ambition in the business world. I have a keen business mentality. That is where I feel like I can truly shine. 
It almost runs in my blood, considering many other family members on my father's side, including my father himself, own their own businesses. It gives me a great sense of pride to know that as a business and fashion professional, I can carry on that legacy, and hopefully inspire my future children and my cousins children as well. I realize that the goals I have set for myself seem quite lofty, but you can't make it in the cutthroat business of fashion by setting the bar too low. At the age of 31, after all my experiences thus far and for the first time in my life, I truly and genuinely believe in my capabilities and potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment