Thursday, December 5, 2013

Legal Authority


      In order to find the legal authority I needed to answer the questions I had developed, I first looked to my immediate family. My father has an attorney he works with, and I figured it would be the perfect way to have an “in” as far as not having to search for one. That was the main thing I wanted to avoid during this project; having proverbial doors slammed in my face over the phone. I knew it might discourage me from wanting to go forward, so I really wanted to concentrate my efforts on reaching out to a lawyer that would already be open to taking my call.
 
      After contacting my father multiple times and pretty much getting nowhere, I realized I had to get this ball rolling in some other fashion. The next best thing was the guy I am a personal assistant for, named Jimmy Dague. He is a real estate agent, and guided me to an attorney he had worked with in the past. His name was David Winter, and he had a JD. His concentration was mainly on Real Estate law, and I assume this was how he and Jimmy had become acquainted. Jimmy had told me that David was a very nice guy, and that the work he had done for him was really good. And to quote someone I know, “find a good lawyer” was my goal. It seems as if I had. I was given the number, and called David. He picked up on the first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment